Transform In-Person Content Marketing into Online Content Marketing
If you are selling complex products and services, text and images may not take your visitors where you want them to go. That’s why so many companies are providing video presentations on their websites. These tools do a great job of walking your prospective customers through lots of information in a logical and compelling way.
Adding videos can be very effective, but they may be time-consuming and often expensive to produce professionally. This is especially true if your organization is very small.
There is a great free alterative approach. Be visual without video. Simply repurpose a great sales presentation that you would normally give in person into a self-guide online sales tool. You can make this happen with a combination of Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Docs. And, if you don’t have PowerPoint, you can use the Google Docs Presentation software. There is almost no learning curve for you–and none at all for your visitors.
Transform Your Time Specific In-Person Content Marketing Presentation into a 24/7 Global Presentation.
Here’s what to do:
Prepare the right kind of presentation for the web
- Review your best presentations to make sure that they are current
- Make sure that an interested visitor will come away believing that you understand their problems and have the ability to solve them
- Minimize bullet points and maximize visual elements
- Make sure the presentation(s) is aimed squarely at visitors who will really benefit from your products and services
- Make it long enough to tell your story, but not so long as to numb the mind
Get it ready to go online
- Keep the file size reasonable; it can’t be bigger than 10MB for Google. Hint: Use these great tips from Microsoft to shrink the size. I dropped from 10+MB to 3+MB
- If you don’t have a Google Docs account, sign up. It’s free.
- Use the Upload a file command.
- Publish the Presentation. It will live on the web so you can point folks there or email the link if you wish.
Put it on your site
- Choose an appropriate dimension from small to large
- Create a destination page on your site or place it in an appropriate spot on an existing page
- Paste the html code generated by Google Docs into you web page. You have to do this in HTML editing mode.
This Repurposed Content Marketing Presentation Shows What You Can Do with Some Extra Effort–and No Extra $$
Here’s a presentation that I gave in February 2008 to the SW Florida Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. Although, I haven’t taken the time to rework it to be web specific, I think you can follow pretty easily where I wanted to take the group of PR Pros in the audience: To an understanding of the content marketing Tsunami that is beginning to over take us. And, why we all need to change the way we think about marketing.
In my case, this could also serve as an inexpensive way to introduce organizations that needed speakers to the kind of content I convey.
You’ve spent a lot of time creating effective presentations that perhaps only a few dozen prospects have ever seen. With a modest effort and the power of the web, why not go global and 24/7?